The Jackson County Fair takes place traditionally during the 3rd week of October. It is eight straight days of spinning rides, livestock exhibits, live entertainment, local vendors, and gumbo!
Schedule - 2020 Fair (October 18-25)
- Live entertainment ranging from music and dance groups to a talent show and dog show will be provided on the indoor Civic Center stage and at the Barn.
- Rides will be open at 4 p.m. on Oct. 18-22 and earlier throughout the weekend.
- The Commercial Booths in the Civic Center will open on Oct. 19-24 at 9 a.m. It’s a great place to shop for some unique gift ideas for the approaching holidays!
- The Livestock Barn opens on Oct. 20-24 at 9 a.m.
- The Arts Building opens on Oct. 20 at 7 p.m. and Oct. 21-24 at 9 a.m.
- Jackson County citizens age 70 and above are invited to the Old Settler’s Day Lunch at the fair on Thursday, Oct. 24. Lunch tickets can be picked up from 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. at a tent in front of the Arts Building that day.
- The food is another ingredient to the Fair’s on-going success. Along with midway food vendors, the food booth pavilion, located at the northwest corner of the fairgrounds, houses 10 individual food booths and room for hundreds to dine comfortably under a single covered facility no matter what the weather is like.
Other highlights for the 2019 Fair include:
Monday, October 19
- Judging in Arts Building – Arts Building is CLOSED until Tuesday evening.
Tuesday, October 20
- Judging in Barn – Crops, Poultry, Rabbits and Vegetables
- Family Night at the Fair – Ride Prices Reduced from 4 p.m. to close (Kiddie land opens at 2 p.m.)
- Performances by Dance Groups (Civic Center)
- 5 p.m.: Studio of Dance
- 6 p.m.: Jolene Stars of the South
- 7 p.m.: Spotlight Elite Dance Center
Thursday, October 22
- Old Settler’s Day Lunch (no presentation) – registration from 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Friday, October 23
- Rides open at 2 p.m. until
- Children’s Day – Ride prices reduced from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Dog Show (Barn) – 6:30 p.m. (registration 5 - 6:15 p.m.)
- Midnight Madness – Armbands ($20) 11 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Saturday, October 24
- Rides open at 11 a.m. until
- Youth Livestock Show (Barn) – 1 p.m.
Sunday, October 25
- Rides open at 12:30 p.m. until
- Super Sunday –
Armbands ($20) from 12:30 – 5 p.m. or 5:30– 9:30 p.m.
For more information contact the Fairground Office 228-762-6043 or view the 2020 Fair Book Link.