The Jackson County Solid Waste Department will pick up large items that meet the requirements at residential properties outside of city limits that cannot be put in the proper format for the waste haulers to take.
Please keep in mind that the County is very limited in manpower and vehicles, having only one worker and one truck for each of the three areas, therefore residents are encouraged to:
- Use the landfills whenever possible - especially during the dry spells in an effort to prevent fire hazards - plus the Seaman Landfill is free to residents
- Keep the items within the limitations (see limitations below)
- Set the items out prior to the start of the week of your scheduled pick-up to prevent backlog (see schedule below)
- Contact the Solid Waste Department with any questions on the type of items that can be picked up
Schedule for Roadside Pick-Up
Below is a list of the areas that the drivers intend to cover the specified "full" week of each month.
The schedules may vary depending on setbacks due to weather, excessive loads in an area, lack of manpower or emergencies that need to be taken care of immediately.
|1st||Escatawapa, Helena, Windsor Porte, Espana Woods, Windsor Park, Woodville Heights, Gulf Park Ests., Fountainbleau|
|2nd||Big Point, Hurley, Gulf Hills, Langley Point, St. Andrews, Pinehurst, Wade|
|3rd||Kreole, Bayou Cumbest, Pecan, Forts Lake, Orange Grove, north and south Cedar Grove, Big Ridge Road, St. Martin (north of Lemoyne, west of Highway 57), Cherry Park Subdivision, south of I-10, West of Highway 57, CCC Camp Road (to city limits), Quave Road (from city limits N of O.S.)|
|4th||Hurley (north of Highway 614), Tucker Park, Virginia City, Latimer, Vancleave|
Limitations of Rubbish Pick-Up
- The maximum volume of trash, trees, debris and/or vegetation that Jackson County may remove per pick-up is three cubic yards
- Jackson County will not pick-up rubbish that is on vacant lots, or the result of clearing off a vacant lot
- Jackson County will not pick-up rubbish that is the result of structures being built and/or renovated
- In the event that rubbish is placed in the street, roadway or highway, said material will be placed back onto the property from which it came and will not be removed by the County
- The ordinance shall not be in effect in an emergency situation declared by the Jackson County Board of Supervisors