A repetitive loss property is one for which two or more claims of at least $1,000 have been paid by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) for flood loss since 1978. Jackson County provides public information to assist residents with flood protection. The Code Enforcement Department offers the following services:
- Information determining if a property is flood prone, including flood elevation or depths.
- Data on the history of flooding where available.
- Site visits to advise property owners on appropriate flood protection measures.
- The reviewing and critique of retrofitting plans for flood prone buildings.
- As an owner of a repetitive loss property you will also receive information and brochures as they are made available to us to further assist you on flood proofing your property.