- 7 a.m. - Noon
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of each week
- 4111 Amonett Street
Election Commission Office
Pascagoula, MS 39565
Danny GlaskoxDistrict 1 Representative, ChairmanPhone: 228-769-3362
Jerry SimsDistrict 2 RepresentativePhone: 228-769-3006
Debbie HodgesDistrict 3 RepresentativePhone: 228-769-3008
Michael DickinsonDistrict 4 RepresentativePhone: 228-471-1355
Tamara VidrineDistrict 5 RepresentativePhone: 228-769-3007
Members of the Election Commission are Elected Officials that serve a four year term and there are no limitations to the number of consecutive terms that can be served. Commissioners must be qualified electors in Jackson County and a resident of the Supervisor District in which they are a candidate. They operate under the authority of Mississippi Code Annotated 23-15-211 (1972).
Members of the Election Commission are required to attend Certification Training annually, conducted by the Mississippi Secretary of State's Office, to be certified to conduct elections.
The members of the Election Commission are responsible for conducting all General and Special Elections in Jackson County. When contracted, the Election Commission assists the Republican and Democratic Parties with the Primary Elections.
The Election Commission is responsible for ensuring that all elections are conducted fairly, honestly and most importantly Legal in all areas of the laws of Mississippi.
They work as a team to ensure the voter rolls for Jackson County are as clean as possible by removing those voters who have moved or passed away.
Download a Sample Ballot 2018 (PDF).
Duties of the Election Commission
- Building the database in SEMS (Statewide Elections Management System)
- Hiring and training Poll Managers
- Preparing and printing ballots
- Securing all election supplies
- Downloading the Election Database in GEMS (Global Elections Management System)
- Burning Memory cards for the election
- Testing and preparing voting machines for the election
- Testing and preparing all ballot encoders for the election
- Preparing poll books
- Compiling precinct results on Election Day
- Certifying election results
- Providing election data to the public