Board of supervisors
2013 Board President:
District 3 Supervisor
2013 Board Vice-President:
District 4 Supervisor
2012-2015 Board of Supervisors
The Jackson County Board of Supervisors is responsible for the management of county government and a number of special districts. The five supervisors are elected by district to four-year terms by the citizens of
County. There are no term limits. Board members serve residents in districts of different geographical size, but each district has approximately equal population.
Board's primary duties
- Adopting an annual budget
- Establishing the annual property tax rate
- Setting policies, goals and objectives to direct the county's growth and development
- Adopting and providing for ordinances, rules and regulations as necessary for the general welfare of the county
- Carrying out other responsibilities as set forth by
Mississippi state statutes
At the beginning of each year, the Board chooses from its members a president and a vice president to serve during the following year. The president presides at Board meetings and signs documents in the name of the county. The vice president substitutes when the president is absent.
Appointments to Boards and Commissions
The Board of Supervisors is also responsible for appointing members to a number of Boards and Commissions that serve the Jackson County communities.
Click here for a listing of the Boards and Commissions along with contact information.