The Jackson County Fair takes place traditionally during the 3rd week of October. It is eight stragith days of spinning rides, livestock exhibits, live entertainment, local vendors, and gumbo!
Schedule - 2018 Fair
- Live entertainment ranging from music and dance groups to a talent show and dog show will be provided on the indoor Civic Center stage and at the Barn.
- Rides will be open at 4 p.m. from Oct. 21-25 and earlier throughout the weekend.
- The Commercial Booths in the Civic Center will open on Oct. 22-27 at 9 a.m. It’s a great place to meet some of the candidates running for office while shopping for some unique gift ideas for the approaching holidays!
- The Livestock Barn opens on Oct. 23-27 at 9 a.m.
- The Arts Building opens on Oct. 23-27 at 7 p.m.
- Jackson County citizens age 70 and above are invited to the Old Settler’s Day Lunch at the fair on Thursday, Oct. 25. Lunch tickets can be picked up from 9:00 a.m. – 11 a.m. at a tent in front of the Arts Building that day.
- The food is another ingredient to the Fair’s on-going success. Along with midway food vendors, the food booth pavilion, located at the northwest corner of the fairgrounds, houses 10 individual food booths and room for hundreds to dine comfortably under a single covered facility no matter what the weather is like.
Other highlights for the 2018 Fair include:
Monday, October 22
- Judging in Arts Building – Arts Building is CLOSED until Tuesday evening.
Tuesday, October 23
- Judging in Barn – Crops, Poultry, Rabbits and Vegetables
- Family Night at the Fair – Ride Prices Reduced from 4 p.m. to close (Kiddie land opens at 2 p.m.)
- Family Night at the Barn from 5:30 - 9 p.m.
- Performances by Dance Groups (Civic Center)
- 5 p.m.: Studio of Dance
- 6 p.m.: Jolene Stars of the South
- 7 p.m.: Robin Adams Performing Arts
Thursday, October 25
- Old Settler’s Day Lunch (no presentation) – registration from 9:00 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Performance: Pascagoula Senior Citizens Line Dancers (Civic Center) – 11 a.m.
Friday, October 26
- Rides open at 2 p.m. until
- Children’s Day – Ride prices reduced from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Dog Show (Barn) – 6:30 p.m. (registration 5 - 6:15 p.m.)
- Performance: Pascagoula Senior Citizens Line Dancers (Civic Center) – 5:30 p.m.
- Midnight Madness – 11 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Saturday, October 27
- Rides open at 11 a.m. until
- Youth Livestock Show (Barn) – 1 p.m.
- Jackson County Fair Talent Show – 4 p.m.
Sunday, October 28
- Rides open at 12:30 p.m. until
Super Sunday – Armbands from 12:30 – 5 p.m. or 5:30– 9:30 p.m.
For more information contact the Fairground Office 228-762-6043